At Ascent Onsite Services we’re taking the COVID-19 very serious and are advising all employees to take extra measures towards personal hygiene and additional personal space. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has provided guidelines on how to contain and limit the spread of infections in the workplace and are working closely with The Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC) and Public Health England (PHE).
As employers, we need to consider how best to decrease the spread and lower the impact of COVID-19 in their workplace. The following best practice is recommended:
- Ensure you have adequate supplies of soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizers at all times.
- Place hand sanitizers in multiple locations, especially washrooms, kitchens, reception areas and conference/meeting areas, working desk or cabin.
- Display posters and signage wherever possible to remind of hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- All surfaces should be cleaned using a detergent or soap and water as usual and followed by disinfection.
- Use provided disposable wipes on commonly used surfaces (doorknobs, keyboards, remote controls, desks etc.) easily wiped down before each use and at shift change.
- We provide tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by employees.
- We encourage routine cleaning of phones, radios, table-tops and keypads.
- We discourage food being left open for people to share.
- Avoid shaking hands with others.
- We encourage two meters away from each other at all times.
- We encourage regular washing of hands with soap or use of the ant-bacterial hand wipes provided.
- We emphasize staying home when sick and notifying the operations via a call.
- Lastly, check on your work colleagues to make sure they’re safe.